Steve Gilbert is a full-time senior consultant with Illinois BIS since 1997. He draws upon over 30 years of experience in manufacturing, construction, and education. In his role as a workforce development consultant, he specializes in technical training and development. Steve develops and delivers customized Maintenance Apprenticeship programs for manufacturers, ensuring that organization-specific requirements are fully incorporated into the training. Steve also leads improvement teams and engages in development of technical manuals, training curriculum, and work instructions.
Steve is a master welder who has been active in the field of welding and welding instruction. He is a practicing welding engineer and past chairman of the Chicago section of the American Welding Society.
- CNC, and conventional machining
- Computer aided design
- Construction and carpentry
- Fluid Power
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Instrumentation and process control
- Lean Operations
- Mechanical systems and total productive maintenance
- Programmable logic controls
- Precision measurement
- Technical Drawing Interpretation (blueprint reading)
- Tolerance charting
- Train the trainer
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION
Steve holds a degree, coursework, and certificates in business management, engineering, welding technology and is an OSHA General Industry certified trainer. Additionally, he has earned numerous certificates from Northern Illinois University, the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, the Tube and Pipe Association, and The American Welding Society.
Involvement in industrial technical organizations includes:
- Tube and Pipe Association – Tube Producers Council
- Fabricators and Manufacturers association – Member
- Moraine Area Career System – Advisory Committee
- American Welding Society – Chicago Section Chairman
Illinois BIS quality experts have the knowledge and skills to immediately assist your organization. Contact us today for your own customized, onsite Technical Skills or Customized Apprenticeship Program training!