September 21, 2020
To: All Current & Past BIS Clients (IMPORTANT NOTICE)
From: Kevin Cook, Chairman of the Board, Illinois BIS
Re: Future of Illinois BIS
For over 37 years, Illinois BIS has been on a mission to provide world class training to help our clients grow profitably while remaining globally competitive and saving thousands of jobs in Illinois. It has been a joy to work with you!
Unfortunately, the current COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted our business. It is with great sadness that I write to inform you that Illinois BIS will cease operations effective September 30, 2020 and BIS will formally dissolve before the end of the year.
To assist you with this transition, our full-time and part-time consultants will continue to offer you the same outstanding training as “Independent Contractors”. Our consultants will be contacting you directly to answer your questions and to confirm that all current and future training and consulting engagements will be completed as scheduled.
We are also working closely with the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce to ensure that you will continue to have access to Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity state grant funding that may be available. The consultants, working as Independent Contractors, will assist you with this process.
It is with great confidence that we leave you in the very competent and capable hands of our consulting team. We have worked with them to develop a seamless transition plan to ensure that you continue to experience the same high levels of customer satisfaction that you have received over the years. You can reach our consultants at:
• Michael A’Hearn, LSSBB (815) 207-1142 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Steve Gilbert, Technical (708) 525-7571 email@example.com
• Louise Kirkman, ESL (630) 334-3039 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mike Kriegsmann, Design (630) 244-4091 email@example.com
• Michael McCauley, Quality (630) 347-0082 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Francene Pelmon, Leadership (312) 618-0313 email@example.com
• Bruce Vojak, Innovation (217) 714-4574 firstname.lastname@example.org
It has been a pleasure to serve you since 1983 and we wish you much success in the future! We hope we made a positive difference.
Kevin Cook, Chairman of the Board, Illinois BIS